Support During Your Study
Code of practice and pastoral care for international students.

Code of Practice

The New Zealand College of Chiropractic has agreed to observe and be bound by the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students. Copies of the Code are available from the NZQA website at


Full details of immigration requirements, advice of rights to employment in New Zealand while studying, and reporting requirements are available from Immigration New Zealand and can be viewed on their website at

Eligibility for health services

Most international students are not entitled to publicly funded health services while in New Zealand. If you receive medical treatment during your visit, you may be liable for the full costs of treatment. Full details on entitlements to publicly funded health services are available through the Ministry of Health, and can be viewed on their website at

Accident insurance

The Accident Compensation Corporation provides accident insurance for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to New Zealand, but you may still be liable for all other medical and related costs. Further information can be viewed on the ACC website at

Medical and travel insurance

International students must have appropriate and current medical and travel insurance while in New Zealand. It is a requirement for all international students at the College to have comprehensive medical and travel insurance cover.